Monday, January 5, 2015

Welcoming 2015

 Happy New Year!   新年快乐!

It's the new year.  Thinking back on the past year and looking forward to this next year is very common.  Many people will make promises for the new year.  Some may want to lose weight or try something new.  Some may want to not make such promises. 

I am looking forward to many things this year.  This year I plan to go to China to see my fiance and his family.  We plan on getting married this year in China and sometime in the future to have a wedding in the USA. Weddings in China are very different than in the USA.  Learning about Chinese culture has been so interesting and inspiring to me.  As the year continues, I hope to learn more and more about China and Chinese culture.

I plan on working hard to save money for my trip and to get ready for my visit.  I am looking forward to it.  I have never been on an airplane or train.  I have never been outside the country.  I have not traveled much so this will be an exciting and new experience for me.

What do you look forward for 2015? 


Speaking of weddings, it has been very exciting that I am getting married.  It seems like a dream come true.  It is not just me, my cousin is getting married this year too.  I am so happy for her.  It has been very difficult to decide what dress to wear for such event.  There are thousands of dresses for weddings designed each year.  Many styles to choose from that it can be overwhelming.

In China, wedding dresses are traditionally red.  In the USA, it is traditionally white for wedding dresses. So far I have tried on three wedding dresses, all white dresses.  My fiance, Yu, picked out a style of traditional Chinese wedding dress that he thinks would look great on me.  I find that it is such a beautiful dress that I feel honored to wear it, when the times comes.

This dress is the one Yu picked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment