Sunday, January 4, 2015

Words for Thought

What is on your mind?  Many may think about random things like what they want to eat or what movie to watch.  Maybe you are thinking of some practical ways to carry out your days.  I am different.  I am thinking of so many things at the moment and have been thinking about these things for a long time. Sometimes we have to stop and think of what is important.  If you do not know, just take a moment to think of all the nouns in your life.  Narrow it down to put everything into perspective.  Apart from family members, who or what else matters to you?

I care more about my fiance than all of the hustle and bustle of the world.   He lives and works in a popular city in China.  It's a long distance relationship that has many obstacles such as language, far distance, and time difference.  It takes a special person to bring down the walls I put up around my heart.  Without his hard work to get me to see how special he is, I would not have found the love of my life.

I have told him many times he is my prince or knight.  He would always give me a smile and laugh.  I do not think he understood it very much.  He would say that he is not a prince or a knight, but I know different.  Not all princes or knights are rulers of countries or warriors.  Some may think it's fantasy that I'm thinking of and that is partly true.  I am a writer of castles and knights so I like to put myself in that time period to understand my characters, but that is not the case here.

My fiance is very noble and protective.  He stands by his morals and his code of honor.  He was able to see me when I was in the darkness of a fortress of my own defenses. Unable to find my own way out of darkness of being behind the walls, he entered when I gave up hope.  At first, fear kept me hidden but he offered his hand to help me out of the depths to pull me out into the light.  He learned of the evils that kept me imprisoned within.  The knowledge I thought he would use to his benefit like others who have done before, but he did not.  He helped me.  He helped me trust again and he helped me love again.

Is my fiance a prince or knight?  Yes he is.  He saved me from giving up on people, and for that, I am very thankful.

Who are you thankful for?

My fiance, Yu Sheng!

No comments:

Post a Comment