Sunday, January 11, 2015

Self-confidence, Believing in yourself, and Life's Happiness


Everyone have to build their self-confidence sometime in their lives.  I know that I have been trying to gain more self-confidence.  Since I was in grade school I have been bullied.  That was when I noticed that I needed to gain more confidence in myself and my abilities.  To those who are dealing with negative people, remember what Eleanor Roosevelt said:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Giving people the rights to make you feel poorly about yourself is the first stepping stone to do much more.  It will be a challenge at first, trust me, I know.  There are many ways to encourage yourself.  Some may say to try to get into a hobby or a source of self discovery.  Knowing one's self is important to discover yourself.  According to a Scottish philosopher, Thomas Carlyle, self-confidence is gained through accomplishing multiple things.

"Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment."
 When I complete something I feel great about myself.  Just because you have people who do not believe you can accomplish something, do not believe them.  Have faith in yourself.  You can do anything you put your mind to. Think of all the times people have told the greatest minds and inventors that they were crazy.  If they let those people stop them from doing those things we wouldn't have what we have today. 


Be positive and look for happiness in your life.  No matter the advice I can give someone who is looking for confidence, you must keep positive and look for happiness in your life.  When you find happiness in your life and be positive, the other things do not matter.  The negative people in life will not matter once you find happy and positive thoughts in your day.  There are many things in the world that makes me happy.  Once you find what makes you happy, continue to think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment