Saturday, May 2, 2015

Following Dreams


Ever since I was little I was told I could be anything I wanted to be.  Most kids wanted to be doctors, actors, or someone very famous like the President of the United States.  When I was a kid, I wanted to be a bird so I can travel to new lands.  Since I couldn't be a bird I decided to become a writer.  Lately I have come back to my writing projects and have enjoyed my writing again.

"A dream is a wish your heart makes."
 --Disney's Cinderella

Sometimes it takes time to follow your dreams.  My dream of being an author will take a lot of time and courage.  I have to not forget my wish.  I would love to share my stories with others.  This is something that I find fulfilling in life.  Sharing stories is like sharing part of my heart or my voice.  It makes it powerful to be able to express myself.  I believe everyone has a story to tell and everyone can express that.  It could be different for each person.  Some people express themselves through dance, music, art, sports, and much more.  It just takes time to find the right outlet to use.


Recently one of my friends is following his dream of songwriting and singing.  I am so proud of him.  He is entering a contest for singer/songwriters.  You should check out his video here.  He has always been very musical and I am so happy he decided to continue his dream. Good luck Ku!



It takes a lot of courage to open yourself up to your dreams.  Take courage to follow your dreams, no matter what it is or where it is.  It may seem far off but if you keep at it, you can reach your goal.  Just keep telling yourself you can do it.  

For me:

Shanghai
I have finished my first book, only the draft, and I started the second one. It is slow but I keep telling myself that one day I will make it.  As for my dream from when I was a little girl, I will get to visit China soon.  I am excited for my upcoming trip.  I get to see a few different cities in China so it will be very exciting. I may not have turned into a bird, but I can travel using an aircraft.










What are your dreams? Have you followed them lately?  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment